OKR Financial in collaboration with ventureLAB, will be hosting this interactive workshop on Debt vs Equity: 10 Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Answer.
The financing options that are best suited for one business may not be the right fit for another. Capital has never been as accessible as it is today, so more than ever, entrepreneurs must make the right decisions for their business. Should they risk losing control and ownership by selling some of their equity? Or is raising non-dilutive funding better up to a certain point?
We summarized the top 10 questions every founder must answer when it comes to choosing between debt and equity. Join us as we solve each of them and prepare your questions for our final Q&A session:
- Why is debt considered better than equity?
- How to utilize debt for growth?
- When to use debt?
- When to use equity?
- What are the risks of raising debt?
- What is the true cost of debt?
- Why is debt particularly relevant for the Canadian market?
- What kind of preparation is required in raising debt and equity?
- What are the best practices as you prepare for your due diligence?
- What should I look for in a lender and what do lenders look for?
2:00 PM EDT
September 22, 2021
Douglas Saxon, Corporate Finance Director, OKR Financial
CFA with deep experience in financial services ranging from Investment Advisor to leading the Corporate Finance/Due Diligence team at Canada’s largest EMD.
Focus on Private Debt/Capital markets including negotiating, structuring, and due diligence on transactions.